Data Protection Statement
30 April 2018
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be
identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The
processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
Sure Reality is the data controller (contact details
below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal
Reality complies with its obligations under the GDPR by
keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access
and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the
public in as specified in our constitution;
- To administer contributors, reader and listener records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the company;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services run by Sure Reality.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events,
activities and services and keep
you informed about Sure
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations
underemployment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical,
religious or trade union aim provided: –
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular
contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly
confidential and will only be shared with other members of the company in order to carry out a service for purposes connected with the company. We will only share your data with third parties outside
of the company with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal
We keep data in accordance with Data Protection act and as long as is reasonably necessary. Specifically,
we retain a current database of regular contributors, readers and listeners and associated paperwork for up to 10 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
- Your rights and your personal
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the
following rights with respect to your personal data…
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which
Reality holds about you;
- The right to request that Sure Reality corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary
Reality to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her
personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based
on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your
personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only
applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of
scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not
covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing
conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries
or complaints please in the first instance contact Sure Reality through its office at,
c/o 36 Bewdley Rd
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on
0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe
House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.